Developing servant leaders who use their gifts to glorify God and bring good to their neighbor.
The Minnehaha Academy Leadership Institute is a program specifically designed for Upper School students who want to deepen their leadership skills. Three tracks are available for students who apply for admission into the program. Each track is led by a Minnehaha Academy faculty or staff member who is committed to developing students into whole and holy people through thoughtful curriculum and activities.
"The best leadership is servant leadership.... Servant leadership means being willing to get your hands dirty yourself and work hard.... Servant leadership means knowing the people you work with and the people you serve personally, and caring about them. Servant leaders give their life away for the good of others or the good of a mission - they don’t exist to glorify themselves."
- Leadership Intern
- To cultivate a systemic process for leadership development at Minnehaha that connects the spheres of student involvement at MA including academics, arts, and athletics
- To help provide students with individual mentors and to create a systematic process for mentorship at MA.
- To create a holistic experience of leadership development that is connected to faith formation and service.
- Building a Eulogy (Building a Legacy vs. Building a Resume) - The Leadership Institute will strive to be about eulogy development and to be a community where we are challenged to a life of servant leadership.
- Fall and Winter Retreats
- Summer Development Trips
- School and Community Leadership Experiences
- Weekly Meetings