Your child will have the opportunity to discover the joy of the stage and performance starting in preschool. As they grow, the theatre opportunities will grow and develop with them, offering new challenges along the way.
Memorizing lines, understanding the importance of practice, and stepping on stage in front of an audience are all valuable skills that we believe develops confidence as they step out into the world.
But it isn't only about developing transferrable skills-our theatre students have fun! Whether on stage or behind the scenes, there is a space for each child to shine.
Theatre students learn from instructors that are professionals in the field. Students have received numerous accolades for their performances, and are regularly honored with the Triple Threat Award by the Hennepin Theatre Trust.
❄️ Winter Musical ❄️
Junie B. Jones
February 19th & 20th @ 7pm
February 20th @ 2pm Matinee
$6 Students | $12 Adults | $35 Patron
Minnehaha Academy North Campus
It's Junie B.'s first day of first grade, and a lot of things have changed for her: Junie's friend, Lucille, doesn't want to be her best pal anymore and, on the bus, Junie B. makes friends with Herb, the new kid at school. Also, Junie has trouble reading the blackboard and her teacher, Mr. Scary, thinks she may need glasses. Throw in a friendly cafeteria lady, a kickball tournament and a "Top-Secret Personal Beeswax Journal," and first grade has never been more exciting.
A delightful adaptation of four of Barbara Park's best-selling books, brought to life in a genuinely comical (and not strictly-for-kids) musical. Featuring a tremendously sassy little diva and fun-filled songs, Junie B. Jones will capture your hearts just as the books captivated an entire generation of students.
Junie B. Jones the Musical is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. Book and Lyrics by Marcy Heisler. Music by Zina Goldrich.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Junie B. Jones
To ensure this event is as safe as possible, the following guidelines have been put in place:
- We have greatly reduced our audience capacity to allow for plenty of space between audience members. State regulations limit our space to 137 patrons. We are only selling 90 seats for each performance.
- Each group of patrons has been added to an assigned seating chart allowing for more than 6 feet apart from one another. Seating will happen gradually as people arrive with three different waiting areas to alleviate congestion. They will be encouraged to stay in their seats for the entirety of the 1 hour run unless using the restrooms.
- All actors and crew will be in filtered masks for the performance. Actors have been blocked at least 6 feet away from one another on stage and are distancing backstage.
- The first row of the audience will be placed at least 15 feet from the front of the stage (State guidelines require 12 feet).
- If people are symptomatic, they will be asked to stay home. A full refund will occur.
Minnehaha Academy has installed a state of the art needlepoint bipolar ionization system in the school’s HVAC units that remove over 90% of the potential virus particles technology. That system refreshes and purifies the air constantly, cycling every 15 minutes.
Hand sanitizer stations are set up in many different areas. We hope this helps to reduce any sort of anxiety around attending this great show.