Your child will have the opportunity to discover the joy of the stage and performance starting in preschool. As they grow, the theatre opportunities will grow and develop with them, offering new challenges along the way.
Memorizing lines, understanding the importance of practice, and stepping on stage in front of an audience are all valuable skills that we believe develops confidence as they step out into the world.
But it isn't only about developing transferrable skills-our theatre students have fun! Whether on stage or behind the scenes, there is a space for each child to shine.
Theatre students learn from instructors that are professionals in the field. Students have received numerous accolades for their performances, and are regularly honored with the Triple Threat Award by the Hennepin Theatre Trust.
🌼 Spring Play 🌼
May 6–8 @ 7:30pm
May 8 @ 2pm
$6 Students | $12 Adults | $35 Patron
Minnehaha Academy North Campus
Museum takes place on the final day of a group show of three fictional contemporary American artists being exhibited in a major museum of modern art. Over the course of the day some forty people walk through the show: art lovers, skeptics, foreigners, students, lost souls, fellow artists, and of course, museum guards. The play is about the movement and yearning of the eccentric and energetic cast of characters.
This show is best suited for people 13 and up due to mild profanity. Museum is presented through special arrangement with Samuel French.
To ensure this event is as safe as possible, the following guidelines have been put in place:
- We have greatly reduced our audience capacity to allow for plenty of space between audience members. State regulations limit our space to 137 patrons. We are only selling 90 seats for each performance.
- Each group of patrons has been added to an assigned seating chart allowing for more than 6 feet apart from one another. Seating will happen gradually as people arrive with three different waiting areas to alleviate congestion. They will be encouraged to stay in their seats for the entirety of the 1 hour run unless using the restrooms.
- All actors and crew will be in filtered masks for the performance. Actors have been blocked at least 6 feet away from one another on stage and are distancing backstage.
- The first row of the audience will be placed at least 15 feet from the front of the stage (State guidelines require 12 feet).
- If people are symptomatic, they will be asked to stay home. A full refund will occur.
Minnehaha Academy has installed a state of the art needlepoint bipolar ionization system in the school’s HVAC units that remove over 90% of the potential virus particles technology. That system refreshes and purifies the air constantly, cycling every 15 minutes.
Hand sanitizer stations are set up in many different areas. We hope this helps to reduce any sort of anxiety around attending this great show.