The Minnehaha Academy Multicultural Family Network, or "Mosaic", is a MAPT parent group committed to building community. Mosaic exists to enhance the understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity throughout Minnehaha Academy and to serve as a bridge between students, parents, administrators, and faculty on diversity issues. All Minnehaha Academy families are welcome to join this group.
About the Program
Because we are one in Christ, the vision of MOSAIC is that we model and promote Minnehaha Academy as the school of choice for multicultural families interested in a Christ-centered education.
We encourage critical thinking and dialogue on issues of heritage, culture and race. This vision is grounded in a strong commitment to cultural competency. We are action-oriented based on our call to love God and love our neighbors as ourselves.
- Encourage students in the exploration of individual heritage to develop a positive racial identity
- Develop opportunities for families to better understand the heritage of others, and increase their compassion, respect and knowledge of other cultures
- Encourage civil discourse that leads to growth in cultural competency and the development of a global perspective
- Create a model for success for multicultural students by maximizing their personal and academic experience
- Support Minnehaha’s leadership, faculty and staff on diversity issues
- Unity not uniformity
- An inclusive environment where every student feels valued
- The unique cultural perspective each student brings to the classroom
- The development of the talents and gifts of the students at Minnehaha Academy
- Students who are prepared to lead and serve the global community
Mosaic organizes a conversation once per year, centered around the topic of race and inclusion. These conversations begin with a speaker and provide opportunities for discussion in round table formats and in the larger group. Look on the Parent Square calendar for upcoming event information.
MOSAIC selects a book each fall and spring for their book club. The upcoming book club pick is The Color of Compromise: The Truth About the Church’s Complicity with Racism by Jemar Tisby. Look on the Parent Square calendar for upcoming event information.
How to Join
All Minnehaha Academy parents and students are welcome to join MOSAIC.
Director of Diversity