Access an Exceptional Education
Minnehaha Academy was founded on the belief that an excellent education should be available to all families. It is an investment in your child’s education and our robust tuition assistance program is available to help make it a reality.
Minnehaha Academy believes the family should be the first source for funding their children’s education and it is important to note that the tuition assistance determination is based on demonstrated financial need and not on the willingness or unwillingness to pay.
How to Apply for Tuition Assistance
If you are a new or returning family you can begin the tuition assistance application for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Collect the documents listed below. These documents will need to be submitted as a part of your application.
- A copy of your 2019 Federal Tax Return (1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) including all schedules
- Copies of your 2020 W-2’s. (2020 Federal Tax Return must be submitted by April 15th but is not required in order to process the application)
- Apply for tuition assistance online through the FACTS Grant & Aid Portal available now.
- The Financial Aid Committee reviews all completed applications and makes decisions based upon available space and each family’s demonstrated need. The Committee may request additional documentation such as bank statements or a monthly budget if more information is needed in order to more fully understand a family’s financial situation.
Please note: Both custodial and non-custodial parents with legal parental rights are each required to submit a complete financial aid application in order for the student to be considered for a tuition assistance grant. In cases where one parent cannot comply, the custodial parent should submit a Noncustodial Parent Waiver Petition. Lack of information from either parent may cause an arbitrary assessment of financial need to be made by the school, resulting in a lesser award or no award at all.
Did you know?
- Due to COVID-19, we have limited tuition assistance available for the 2021–2022 academic year.
- We are now accepting Financial Aid Applications for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Covenant Church members and Minnehaha Academy Alumni are eligible for additional scholarships.
- We encourage ALL income levels to apply. We know that each situation is unique and it is helpful for you to share additional information during the process.
- Individual family circumstances will determine if a family qualifies for tuition assistance. Need is calculated by taking into account family size, all sources of income, assets, liabilities, spending choices and long term financial strength. Therefore, it is impossible to predict whether a family will qualify for aid without going through the application process.
- Each family is expected to pay a portion of the cost of their student’s education to fulfill their obligation to Minnehaha Academy. Due to a limited budget and the number of families requesting assistance, all qualified need may not be met.
Please call (612) 728-7798 or email our Tuition Assistance team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding tuition or how to make a Minnehaha Academy education a reality for your child.