Minnehaha Academy is a private Christian school serving approximately 800 students in preschool through grade 12. The school has two campuses located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The school is founded on Christian values and provides a comprehensive preschool through grade 12 curriculum with a rigorous college preparatory program. Minnehaha Academy enrolls international students from countries around the world. We value and appreciate the richness that they bring to our community.
An international student is an individual holding a foreign passport. International students living with host families are considered for grades 9 through 12, and are required to have an approved agent. Approved agents will work through the admission process and acts as the contact to Minnehaha Academy. Please contact the admission office for a list of agents. International students living with parents may apply for admission in other grades. All applications must be submitted in full one month prior to the start of the school year.
The criteria for admission to Minnehaha Academy are scholastic performance and accomplishments, English language proficiency, emotional maturity and a desire for education emphasizing Christian values. The program is highly selective, admission standards are rigorous, and only fully qualified students are accepted into the program. Generally, students are admitted to grade 9 through 12. The admission process is administered through our agency partners.
**Prospective students should contact an approved agency below:
- AHLI – International Education and Homestay
- Cambridge Institute
- Prospective students from any other country can contact us at email@example.com
Students needing a homestay must work with a homestay agency through the admission process. Those students living with a parent should use the above process. In addition, a homestay family must submit a Power of Attorney form so that they can have access to school information and make health decisions for the student. Adults can submit an inquiry to become a host parent for an International students.
Please contact our Admissions Team regarding tuition and fees for international students.
International students must pay an enrollment fee, which will be applied to their tuition. Tuition for international students must be paid in full before the beginning of the school year. The enrollment contract must be signed by the agent if the student is living with a host family.
The following forms must be received prior to the start of school:
- How do I get an application?
- Does Minnehaha Academy board students or find homestay families?
- What are the requirements for guardians or homestay families?
- Does the student have to be a Christian to attend Minnehaha Academy?
- Is there financial aid available for international students?
- Does Minnehaha have an ESL or ELL program?
- Are international students able to participate in athletic programs?
- Do students need health insurance to attend Minnehaha Academy?
- What are the immunization requirements for international students at Minnehaha Academy?
- Do you take new international students in the second semester beginning in January?
- What is the application process for international students?
- What about the I20?
If you are interested in applying, please contact: