Middle School (6-8)
At Minnehaha Academy we see the light that shines in each of our students.
Middle School is unlike any other time—it’s exciting and full of possibilities and growth. At Minnehaha Academy, your child will be encouraged to develop a sense of curiosity through learning experiences that foster independence, critical thinking, and exploration.
"Minnehaha is one of the greatest blessings in my life. Instead of being swallowed up in a big school, I am in a place where all of my teachers care about me as an individual. The Minnehaha community supports and facilitates my personal accomplishments and academic successes."
Middle School Graduate
Middle School Highlights
2/3 of Middle School faculty hold advanced degrees
World languages include Latin, Spanish, and French
- Design, robotics and engineering curriculum provides strong STEM foundation
- 87% of students participate in athletics; students are encouraged to try any from the 16 offerings
- 84% participate in performing arts including band, orchestra, choir and theater
- Our community is 33% students of color
- Students and faculty represent 30 denominational backgrounds
- Weekly chapel service features music, drama, film, and speakers
What do Middle Schoolers say about Minnehaha Academy?
“Classmates are extremely nice and really look out for one another.”
- “You can play sports AND be in music or art, or the school play, too.”
- “School lunches are awesome (and nutritious).”
- “Your teachers really like you, so much that they get together every day to pray for you. They chose Middle School for a reason, and that is because they really like middle schoolers.”