Creating Appointments for Minnehaha Academy Upper School Parent Conferences
Upper School Spring Parent Conferences will be held this year on Thursday, March 5 from 2:00 – 8:00 pm and on Friday, March 6 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. If you experience any problems creating appointments, please contact Dr. Mike DiNardo, Vice Principal, or Ms. Mary Kate Fretheim, Assistant to the Principal. If you choose not to create appointments online, you can still walk in and sign up on the days of the conferences if there are open slots in the teachers’ schedules. If you are not familiar with the school, give yourself 10 minutes between conferences so you can find the rooms and get to them on time. While students are not required to attend conferences with their parents, having the student with you might make the conferences more meaningful so you are welcome to bring your child.
- Gather the names of the teachers you would like to see. Please ask your child for the teachers’ names or you can find them on your Schoology accounts.
- Go to the website: https://pickatime.com/UpperSchoolConferences/SpringConferences
- Enter your e-mail address. If you remember your password from last school year, enter it. If you forgot the password, click on the “Forgot My Password” button. If you have never used the system and not yet created an account, enter your e-mail address and push the “Log-in/create account” button.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm your e-mail address, to enter your first and last name, and to create and confirm a password that is at least 6 characters long. Once you have entered the proper information in each of those fields, click “OK.”
- An alphabetical list of all Upper School faculty members available for conferences will appear. Each faculty member has a distinctive color pattern associated with their name. Click each person with whom you would like to make an appointment. The faculty members’ color-coded boxes will appear in alphabetical order in the grid at the right of the screen.
- Choose a time slot for an appointment by clicking on the appropriate color-coded box. After you click the time slot, a dialog box will come up asking you to enter your student’s name. You also have the option of receiving a reminder e-mail regarding this appointment. The time of the appointment and the teacher will be listed at the top of the screen. Please hit the “Create Appointment” button to reserve this time slot. If you make a mistake, please hit the “Return” button to go back to the previous screen.
- Once you have created the first appointment you will return to the main screen with all of the teachers’ names. You will see the information for the appointment listed at the top of the screen. You will also notice the appointment time you chose will show up as a black square. Any times for which the faculty member is not available (e.g. lunch break) will show up as white squares. Continue making appointments.
- If you make a mistake (e.g. sign up for 2 conferences with the same teacher, sign up for 2 conferences at the same time) the system will not confirm your appointment and an error message will appear in red at the top of the Scheduling Grid.
- If you cannot keep an appointment time, please cancel the appointment as soon as possible so the slot is available for other parents. Click on “Details” tab to see the teacher.
- Once you are done creating appointments, click on “Printable schedule” to print the schedule or you can choose the options to have the appointments added to your calendar or emailed to you. Then hit the “Return” button and click on “Log Out.”