Creating Appointments for the Minnehaha Academy Spring Upper School Parent Conferences
Upper School Spring Parent Conferences will be held this year on Thursday, February 28 from 2:00 – 8:00 pm and on Friday, March 1 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. For the spring conferences, the Upper School will again be using the online scheduling system “Pick-a-Time.” If you experience any problems creating appointments, please contact Dr. Mike DiNardo, Vice Principal, or Ms. Mary Kate Fretheim, Assistant to the Principal. If you choose not to create appointments online, you can still walk in and sign up on the days of the conferences if there are open slots in the teachers’ schedules. If you are not familiar with the school, give yourself 10 minutes between conferences so you can find the rooms and get to them on time, though it is pretty easy to get around the Mendota Campus. While students are not required to attend conferences with their parents, having the student with you might make the conferences more meaningful.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN FROM THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21 AT 7:00 AM UNTIL WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27 AT 10:00PM
- Gather the names of the teachers you would like to see. Please ask your child for the teachers’ names or you can find them in your Schoology account. If a faculty member’s name does not appear on the conference scheduling system, it means that the faculty member is not available on that day or the appointments have all been taken. In that event, feel free to reach out to the faculty member with questions.
With the senior retreat occurring on February 27-28, several of our faculty/staff will not be available for conferences on Thursday, February 28 as they will be attending the senior retreat. Those faculty/staff not available include the following:
Dante Britten Anne Calvin David Hoffner Seth Johnson
Matt Johnson Kristin Overton Christine Paton Collin Quinn
Sorry for the inconvenience. Those faculty/staff are available for appointments on Friday, March 1. If you are unable to meet with them and have questions or concerns, please reach out to connect with those teachers.
Also, Karen Lutgen and Sam Terfa are not available during the Parent Conference sessions due to previously approved workshops. Please reach out to them if you have any questions.
- Go to the website: https://pickatime.com/MinnehahaUpperSchoolConferences/Spring_Conferences
- Enter your e-mail address. If you remember your password from last fall, enter it. If you forgot the password, click on the “Forgot My Password” button. If you have never used the system and not yet created an account, enter your e-mail address and push the “Log-in/create account” button.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm your e-mail address, to enter your first and last name, and to create and confirm a password that is at least 6 characters long. Once you have entered the proper information in each of those fields, click “OK.
- An alphabetical list of all Upper School faculty members available for conferences will appear. Each faculty member has a distinctive color pattern associated with their name. Click each person with whom you would like to make an appointment. The faculty members’ color-coded boxes will appear in alphabetical order in the grid at the right of the screen.
- Choose a 10-minute time slot for an appointment by clicking on the appropriate color-coded box. After you click the time slot, a dialog box will come up asking you to enter your student’s name. You also have the option of receiving a reminder e-mail regarding this appointment. The time of the appointment and the teacher will be listed at the top of the screen. Please hit the “Create Appointment” button to reserve this time slot. If you make a mistake, please hit the “Return” button to go back to the previous screen.
- Once you have created the first appointment you will return to the main screen with all of the teachers’ names. You will see the information for the appointment listed at the top of the screen. You will also notice the appointment time you chose will show up as a black square. Any times for which the faculty member is not available (e.g. lunch break) will show up as white squares. Continue making appointments.
- If you make a mistake (e.g. sign up for 2 conferences with the same teacher, sign up for 2 conferences at the same time) the system will not confirm your appointment and an error message will appear in red at the top of the Scheduling Grid.
- If you cannot keep an appointment time, please cancel the appointment as soon as possible so the slot is available for other parents. Click on “Details” tab to see the teacher.
- Once you are done creating appointments, click on “Printable schedule” to print the schedule or you can choose the options to have the appointments added to your calendar or emailed to you. Then hit the “Return” button and click on “Log Out.