At Minnehaha Academy we see the light that shines in each of our students.
Middle School is unlike any other time-it’s exciting and full of possibilities and growth. At Minnehaha Academy, your child will be encouraged to develop a sense of curiosity through learning experiences that foster independence, critical thinking, and exploration.
Students uncover their passions and faith through new challenges in the classroom, athletics, and co-curricular activities, while being surrounded by a caring and supportive community.
Our Christian distinction is real, not a facade. We integrate faith into every relationship and demonstrate that faith by loving one another and showing each other grace and mercy. Learn more
The Middle School counselor and faculty plant the seeds in our eighth graders, guiding them through a process to explore potential careers with an assessment, inventory and parent-led seminar. The goal is to stir areas of interest and plumb possible careers, not commit to one. Learn more
We emphasize personal responsibility, as we help determine the right blend of student independence and parental and staff support. Our goal is to not only prepare the whole teen – intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually – for high school but also to make sound decisions after graduation. Learn more
Looking for a great place to hang out or do homework? The Yellow Lounge is the after-school program for students in grades 6-8. The competitively priced program runs daily from 3:15 – 6 p.m. Learn more
Our Middle School curriculum is continuously adjusted to push students to their full potential and beyond. Wherever a student lands on the continuum, our teachers identify and support that individual’s needs in their academic growth. Learn more
Offerings include Latin, French and Spanish. Learn more
Choices abound for students with varied interests, from math to jazz, drama to skiing, and student council to yearbook. Learn more
In Middle School, 87% of students participate on an athletic team. Minnehaha welcomes athletes at every ability level, from novice to champion. All students who attend practices regularly and give their best efforts will participate in athletic contests. Learn more
Our teachers embrace all the unique personalities in our Middle School and delicately balance opportunities to show students grace or challenge them. Students regularly go to teachers with issues, based on respect and trust. Learn more
We believe it’s important that our students serve and lead, and we ensure they get ample opportunities to do both. One notable event is Serve It! Day, in which students devote a day each fall to service learning projects. Learn more
In our Middle School science courses, we are committed to providing excellent curriculum and instruction to help students develop problem-solving skills through hands-on, inquiry investigations. Learn more
"Minnehaha is one of the greatest blessings in my life. Instead of being swallowed up in a big school, I am in a place where all of my teachers care about me as an individual. The Minnehaha community supports and facilitates my personal accomplishments and academic successes."
- Middle School graduate, now an Upper School student
Middle School Highlights
- 2/3 of Middle School faculty hold advanced degrees
- World languages include Latin, Spanish, and French
- Design, robotics and engineering curriculum provides strong STEM foundation
- 87% of students participate in athletics; students are encouraged to try any from the 16 offerings
- 84% participate in performing arts including band, orchestra, choir and theater
- Our community is 28% students of color
- Students and faculty represent 30 denominational backgrounds
- Weekly chapel service features music, drama, film and speakers
What do Middle Schoolers say about Minnehaha Academy?
- “Classmates are extremely nice and really look out for one another.”
- “You can play sports AND be in music or art, or the school play, too.”
- “School lunches are awesome (and nutritious).”
- “Your teachers really like you, so much that they get together every day to pray for you. They chose middle school for a reason, and that is because they really like middle schoolers.”