Your child has a place at Minnehaha Academy. Here, your child will be set on a path of discovery, guided by passionate teachers who cultivate a joy of learning. Your child will make life-long friends who will continue to have a positive influence as they grow together. And there is a place for you – strong relationships among students, teachers and parents encourage partnership and success.
We are committed to the development of the whole child – academically, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually. Students in kindergarten through grade 5 embark on a journey that takes them around the world. Each grade focuses on a specific continent, where they learn about its culture, arts, society, politics, people and how that continent fits into a global perspective.
Small class sizes and hands-on, experiential learning sets your child on a strong foundation. Each grade level builds upon previous material in an intentional way preparing your child for future success. Learn more about each grade level from K-5.
From math to science to literacy and the arts, hands-on, participatory learning will make your child a life-long learner curious about the world around him or her.
When your child is immersed in a caring community and loved for who he or she is, your child will feel more confident to take risks and step into new experiences that help him or her grow.
Your child has a place at Minnehaha Academy. A place to be known, recognized, and encouraged to discover potential.
Your child will develop empathy, learn respect for others, and have opportunities to grow in faith at Minnehaha.
Your child will be immersed in the arts, the sciences, language, culture and literacy through participation in activities in and out of the classroom.
Your child will discover and grow his or her God-given talents and interests at Minnehaha, while at the same time, exploring subjects and topics that may be new.
What does it mean to give your child the
it means creating an
his or her
"Minnehaha Academy provides a warm and nurturing community, emphasizing academic challenge, leadership, service, and a strong Christian faith. They prepare students to be passionate and confident young adults."
- Parents of Lower, Middle and Upper School children
"Minnehaha Academy has the most amazing teachers and a warm, loving environment, and my children are challenged academically every day."
- Parent of two Lower School children
Lower School Highlights:
- More than 2/3 of our Lower School Faculty hold advanced degrees
- Hands-on STEM experiences in the award-winning Innovation Lab and Science Exploration Center, with an emphasis on 21st Century thinking skills and design processes
- Singapore-based math curriculum, using concrete and pictoral techniques for improving understanding of abstract concepts
- Differentiated reading instruction to ensure every learner is engaged and growing at their level
- Our community is 28% students of color
- Students and faculty represent 30 denominational backgrounds
- Your child will have teachers who specialize in art, music, Spanish, media and physical education
- Weekly chapel service that features music, drama, film and speakers tailored to each age group
- Small classes allow teachers to get to know each student personally and help each child discover his or her unique gifts
- Extended day support will allow your child the opportunity to study, play games and work on projects
Request Admission Information
"I am so glad that Minnehaha is my school! I have a really good teacher. I love recess and lunch, PE, music, Spanish, computer and art. And I love my friends."
- Current Lower School student