At Minnehaha Academy we see the light that shines in each child.
In Lower School, your child will discover a joy of learning, guided by teachers committed to the development of the whole child-academically, emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually. From the moment you arrive on campus you and your child are a part of a welcoming community that values academics, personal passions, and faith.
Small class sizes and hands-on, experiential learning sets your child on a strong foundation. Each grade level builds upon previous material in an intentional way preparing your child for future success. Learn more about each grade level from K-5.
From math to science to literacy and the arts, hands-on, participatory learning will make your child a life-long learner curious about the world around him or her.
When your child is immersed in a caring community and loved for who he or she is, your child will feel more confident to take risks and step into new experiences that help him or her grow.
Your child has a place at Minnehaha Academy. A place to be known, recognized, and encouraged to discover potential.
Your child will develop empathy, learn respect for others, and have opportunities to grow in faith at Minnehaha.
Your child will be immersed in the arts, the sciences, language, culture and literacy through participation in activities in and out of the classroom.
Your child will discover and grow his or her God-given talents and interests at Minnehaha, while at the same time, exploring subjects and topics that may be new.
What does it mean to give your child the
it means creating an
his or her
"Minnehaha Academy provides a warm and nurturing community, emphasizing academic challenge, leadership, service, and a strong Christian faith. They prepare students to be passionate and confident young adults."
- Parents of Lower, Middle and Upper School children
Lower School Highlights:
- More than 2/3 of our Lower School Faculty hold advanced degrees
- Hands-on STEM experiences in the award-winning Innovation Lab and Science Exploration Center, with an emphasis on 21st Century thinking skills and design processes
- Singapore-based math curriculum, using concrete and pictoral techniques for improving understanding of abstract concepts
- Differentiated reading instruction to ensure every learner is engaged and growing at their level
- Our community is 30% students of color
- Students and faculty represent 30 denominational backgrounds
- Your child will have teachers who specialize in art, music, Spanish, media, and physical education
- Weekly chapel service that features music, drama, film, and speakers tailored to each age group
- Small classes allow teachers to get to know each student personally and help each child discover his or her unique gifts
- Extended day support will allow your child the opportunity to study, play games and work on projects