Games Around the World
Games Around the World has been one of Mosaic’s most successful events, bringing families together in the spring to play, eat and fellowship.
What is Mosaic?
The Minnehaha Academy Multicultural Family Network or MOSAIC is a group of parents committed to building community. MOSAIC exists to enhance the understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity throughout Minnehaha Academy and to serve as a bridge between parents, administrators and faculty on diversity issues. All Minnehaha Academy families are welcome to join this group.
What is MOSAIC’s Vision?
Because we are one in Christ, the vision of MOSAIC is that we model and promote Minnehaha Academy as the school of choice for multicultural families interested in a Christ-centered education.
We encourage critical thinking and dialogue on issues of heritage, culture and race. This vision is grounded in a strong commitment to cultural competency. We are action-oriented based on our call to love God and love our neighbors as ourselves.
What Are MOSAIC’s Goals?
- Encourage students in the exploration of individual heritage to develop a positive racial identity
- Develop opportunities for families to better understand the heritage of others, and increase their compassion, respect and knowledge of other cultures
- Encourage civil discourse that leads to growth in cultural competency and the development of a global perspective
- Create a model for success for multicultural students by maximizing their personal and academic experience
- Support Minnehaha’s leadership, faculty and staff on diversity issues
What Does MOSAIC Value?
- Unity not uniformity
- An inclusive environment where every student feels valued
- The unique cultural perspective each student brings to the classroom
- The development of the talents and gifts of the students at Minnehaha Academy
- Students who are prepared to lead and serve the global community
To achieve these goals and values, MOSAIC organizes several events every school year.
Enjoy a worship experience designed to build cultural and ethnic bridges within the kingdom of God. With music provided by various churches, we will celebrate our unity in the Lord!
MOSAIC organizes a conversation once per year, centered around the topic of race and inclusion. These conversations begin with a speaker and provide opportunities for discussion in round table formats and in the larger group.
Games Around the World
Discover different cultures through food and fun at this spring-time event.
MOSAIC selects a book each fall and spring for their book club. The current book club book is titled, I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown.
How to Join MOSAIC:
- All Minnehaha Academy parents and students are welcome to join MOSAIC.
- For more information, contact Paulita Todhunter, Director of Diversity, at 612-729-8321 or [email protected]