Upper School (Grades 9-12)
The Health Office is located in the Student Services Office. It is open weekdays 8:30 – 3:00pm during the academic school year.
Licensed School Nurse/RN
Email: [email protected]
For the safety of students, it is recommended that medication be given at home whenever possible. For example, medication prescribed three times a day can be given before school, after school and at bedtime. If medication must be given during school hours, be aware of the following school medication policy:
- All Prescription Medication needs the Authorization for Administration of Medication form from My Backpack to be completed. No Prescription medication can be administered without this form completed and in the Health Office.
- Medications need to be brought to school in the original pharmacy label with the following on the label:
- Student’s full name
- Name and dosage of medication
- Licensed Prescriber’s name
- Current date
- A parent or guardian needs to bring the Medication to the Health Office.
- Emergency Medication (such as inhalers or epi-pens) can be held by student with parent and physician permission. All other prescription medication needs to be kept in the health office.
- Upper School students may carry and self administer non-prescription pain medicine (e.g. Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen) only for their personal use if the parent/guardian signs the Self Administration of Non Prescription Pain Medication for Secondary Students Form annually.
Student Health Information
- Student Health Information, Student Emergency Medical Contact, and Medication Administration Information can be completed online through My Backpack.
- My Backpack must be updated at the beginning of each academic school year, if there are any changes to your students health during the school year, please let the school nurse know.
- In order for the school nurse to best care for your students, please list any health concerns for your student prior to starting the school year.
- Please contact the Health Office with any acute illness, concussion, or new medical diagnosis. MA is willing to work with student, family, teachers and school nurse to come up with the best plan of care for a student.
- Please refer to Student Handbook for more complete information on this topic.