General Health Information
The Health Office at each campus is staffed by full-time Registered Nurses who are also Licensed School Nurses. It is the mission of the Health Office is to sustain a school environment that promotes and supports student health and well-being.
Illness, Injuries and Communicable Disease
If your child will not be at school due to an illness call:
Lower/ Middle School 612-721-3359
Upper School 612-728-7780
Students should not come to school if they have the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees Farenheit or higher in the past 24 hours WITHOUT fever-reducing medication
- Vomiting or Diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- An undiagnosed skin rash
- Untreated live head lice
- Contagious condition like chicken pox, strep throat, etc. (MA follows guidelines from the MN Health Department for reporting contagious illnesses, please let the school know if your child has a contagious illness).
New Health Diagnosis or illness
- Students are not to leave school if they are ill without first going to the Health Office. Failure to do so may result in an unverified absence.
- Parents need to communicate their student’s specific health condition to the Health Office so that the student, parent and Nurse can collaborate to determine how best to manage the health condition.
- If a student is unable to remain in school due to illness or injury, a parent or guardian will be notified by the Health Office.
- No student will be released from school until a parent or guardian or emergency contact have been notified and assumes responsibility for the student’s care.
- MN law requires students that are enrolled in a MN school demonstrate proof of required immunization or file a legal exemption with the school.
- Students must be fully immunized or an exemption filed prior to the first day of school.
- Immunization Form
- Vaccine Information in European Languages
- Vaccine Information in other Languages (including Chinese)
Physical Exam from Health Care Provider
- If a student is participating in high school sports, the Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Clearance Form from the MN State High School League needs to be completed every three years.
- Other students may need to have a physical exam completed if requested by the Health Office.