Lower School Schedule
The official start time for the school day is 8:30 AM. Teachers will provide opportunities that will allow for flexibility based on family needs and demands. We will have a weekly Lower School Chapel on Fridays.
Each day teachers will share their Daily Online Learning plan. The plan will be available to parents below as well as on Seesaw or Schoology (links coming soon):
- 3 PreK Daily Learning Plan/Weekly Learning Plan
- 4 PreK Daily Learning Plan/Weekly Learning Plan
- Kindergarten Daily Learning Plan/Weekly Learning Plan
- 1st Grade Daily Learning Plan/Weekly Learning Plan
- 2nd Grade Daily Learning Plan/Weekly Learning Plan
- 3rd Grade Daily Learning Plan (Ms. Classen/Ms. Severson)
- 4th Grade Daily Learning Plan (Mr. Christiansen/Ms. Magnuson)
- 5th Grade Daily Learning Plan (Mr. Bosshardt/Ms. De Haven)
- Lower School Specialist Lesson Plans
- The daily focus will be reading, writing, and math. Teachers will continue providing intermittent instruction in Bible, Science, and Social Studies.
- Teachers will use a combination of strategies to connect with students and to deliver instruction based on the content and needs of the students. This will include pre-recorded instruction, live instruction, small group meetings, individual conferencing, and a variety of digital educational resources. As always, teachers will also be available for questions from students (or parents) via Schoology or email.
- Specialists will continue providing instruction each week.
Daily attendance will be taken by 4:00 PM daily. (PreK is the only exception to this policy).
Lower School classroom teachers will determine an attendance activity once each day to be sure that students are engaged. Although attendance will not be tracked throughout the day teachers will monitor student participation. If we discover that a student is not engaging we will reach out to the family and develop a plan to be sure all students are engaged and continue learning.
We are blessed to have a strong technology tools and infrastructure in place to support teaching and learning. Instruction will be delivered primarily through our standard learning management systems and environments, Seesaw and Schoology.
- School-wide Information: Parent Square
- Learning Management System for PreK–2: Seesaw
- Learning Management System for Grades 3-5: Schoology
- Live Conferencing: Google Meet
- Devices: Students in grades 3-5 already use school-issued iPads regularly and are knowledgeable using them for instruction and schoolwork.
- Support: Support is available for students and families via a dedicated email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Schoology (just message the user “Tech Help”). For help using the tools above please visit our support page.
Teachers will leverage additional tools specific to their grade or content area.
Acceptable Use of School Tools & Technology
Minnehaha Academy strongly values our community and it is important for teachers and students to be able to connect during this time of distance learning. Our technology tools provide wonderful opportunities to facilitate connections and foster relationships.
We need to be clear that school devices, platforms, and programs are to be used for school purposes only. We provide these tools as a means to enhance the educational experience; they are not personal devices.
- Schoology messages may be used to communicate with teachers and for student-to- student communication about school work.
- Google Meet may be used for classes, small group collaboration about school work, or to talk with a teacher. Teachers will record sessions where only one or two students are present. Google Meet may be used to connect for social purposes only if a parent/teacher is present in the room and able to hear the conversation. If you are setting up a social session the name of the adult needs to be in the title. All conferencing must abide by our standards outlined in the Student Handbook (LS/MS/US) and Acceptable Use Policy. Students should review our best practices.
It is important for us to hear from you about your experience at home while we continue to grow and strengthen our plans and practices. You will receive an invitation to provide feedback on Thursday, April 2nd.